Here at Mothers Make Art we’ve a diverse group so don’t be surprised when you see that a lot of us aren’t mothers (or even women!), we’re mostly united by two things:
- a desire to make art in every situation imaginable
- a desire to recycle and repurpose the junk we see around us
Our mantra is: turn problems into solutions! You’ll hear us using this ALL THE TIME at our meetings.
We are a recognized 501(c)3 Non-Profit Arts Org. Our headquarters is 288 N. Stone Avenue, Tuscon Arizona. We run our open workshop hours every Thursday between 1PM – 5PM and offer full childcare during those hours! Please call to check in first before dropping by just to make sure someone is here and that we have childcare available if you’ll be bringing your little ones (4 years and older only).
Activities we’re currently running:
- Cricut & Me course
- Solar panel self-installation course
- Advanced Jewelry – Working With Recycled Glass (available in the Winter)
- Community Pick Up (every Saturday morning. Stick around if you want to take some of the trash we collect and turn it into jewelry!)
We founded our organization in 2017 and have moved three times in that many years! Now that we’ve purchased our first property and fully built it out, we’re hoping that is doesn’t change much.
Please get in touch if you have any questions or have any ideas for articles for us to write for this site. We want it to be a growing community for knowledge exchange and DIY practices.